Plaintiff Investigators – Beware of the opposition.
1. Just like you once thought there were no such thing as surveillance investigators, people today think lawyers do all the investigation work on behalf of the Plaintiff. Rubbish they outsource that activity!
2. In litigated Claims and a host of others (Workers Comp / MVA, CTP, Sexual Harassment, Employment History etc), your investigation, will be being completed simultaneously by a Plaintiff Investigator.
3. Think of all those times you have rung up a witness or even worse an Insured and they have said- “What again? We have already told you!” The Plaintiff Investigator was there before you.
4. If the Insured tells you that cleaning patrols are half hourly, Security patrols are half hourly and the cross over is 15 minutes, thus all spills are cleaned up within 15 minutes. And this is later mentioned in the defence of the claim; a Plaintiff Investigator will go to the Insured’s premises, deliberately spill a drink and video record how long it takes to clean up. If it is over 15 minutes, the Insured and you are going to look foolish.
5. Check all your information, assume nothing, and measure everything exactly, or a Plaintiff Investigator might just ruin your day!
6. Plaintiff investigators are funded by financiers willing to await the outcome of the court decisions (sometimes years) … and take a percentage of the Claimant’s payout.
7. Much of their work is done over the phone to reduce costs. They are very cost conscious.
8. Today Plaintiff Investigators are highly trained, undertake continuous learning, attend seminars, entertain Workers Compensation and Public Liability Lawyers frequently, and get results. If you relax at any stage of your investigation, you risk letting your Client down, because Plaintiff Investigators are now more professional than ever before.